• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

Why Use TikTok? vs Youtube Shorts

optimizepress

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
On the side of content marketing....As a creator in North America I feel Youtube shorts would be more beneficial to me than TikTok. I mean I have never been big on short video content but that is changing this year.

I am probably not alone in this since Youtube will start paying me for shorts...

From Them:
  1. Shorts Ads Revenues. YouTube will pay you 45% of Shorts Ad Revenues. “Shorts Ad Revenues” means:
    1. Pooled Ad Revenues. The portion of the Creator Shorts Pool (as described below) that is attributed to the views of your Shorts Content as a percentage of the total views of all content allocated to the Creator Shorts Pool (“Pooled Ad Revenues”), where:
      1. Creator Shorts Pool” means the portion of Gross Pool Ad Revenues, calculated on a country-by-country basis, that is attributed to: (A) the total views of all Shorts uploaded by a monetizing partner that include no Music Content; plus (B) the fractional views of all Shorts uploaded by a monetizing partner that include some but are not solely made up of Music Content (as described in Section 4 below); together as a percentage of the total views of all Shorts; and
      2. Gross Pool Ad Revenues” means Net Revenues from ads displayed in the Shorts Feed that are not directly connected to an individual Short; and
      3. Music Content” means content that is delivered to, uploaded to, or claimed on, the Service by a music licensor partner of YouTube.

It will be interesting to see how many TikTok creators shift over to Youtube.

Rickard

Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems to make sense that people might move over...but I wonder if people might just copy/duplicate their content over to Youtube Shorts and what it might do if they run videos on both platforms.

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush