• Welcome to the most helpful Affiliate Marketing Forum. Join us! CLICK HERE for our membership options.
  • POWER HOUR: 🚀💰 Master MULTI-CHANNEL Magic to Earn RECURRING Monthly Income! 💸🔥" Join Us! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
  • 📊 Latest Follow Along - $10,000 a Month Website Case Study 💡 Join the Discussion

ChatGPT Prompting for YouTube Video Scripts - Sample Workflow

optimizepress

joeybabbs

Affiliate Marketing Coach
Staff member
Reaction score
[This is not my content it is a sample workflow shared to me (source Bionic Juice)]

ChatGPT Prompting for YouTube Video Scripts

Prompt #1: Start with Your Title

Start with perfecting your title, since that’s what’ll get viewers watching the rest of your video. It’ll also, of course, influence the content of your video.

Here’s a good prompt to start with:

Write 5 surprising, unconventional title options for a YouTube video about X.

I’m testing this prompt using the topic “how to plan a vacation to Mexico.” Each output gives me a potential video title and an accompanying hook.

Here’s my favorite: "Off the Beaten Path: Discover Mexico's Most Unusual Attractions!” It sounds like it might stand out from other videos on this topic.

With that taken care of, we can generate the rest of the script.

Prompt #2: Prompt Script Framework

ChatGPT can create a serviceable YouTube video script with a simple prompt:

Write a YouTube video script for X

This prompt gives me a decent, concise starting point, but here’s the issue—the output is surface-level and generic.

It gives me boilerplate statements like “Each destination offers something unique, so it’s important to research and choose the one that suits your interests and budget.”

Meh.

Because I’m not telling ChatGPT exactly what I need, the output is unpredictable. And it ignores the art of YouTube scripts—holding viewers’ attention.

A better single-prompt approach is this:

Write a YouTube video script about X. Use the following structure: Hook (surprising or fascinating to capture the viewer's attention), Introduction, 5 Body Sections, Summary, Call to action. Each body section should include a surprising or fascinating fact and specific examples.

Much better.

Now that I’m telling ChatGPT what I need at each step, I’m getting a pretty decent hook (”From an island filled with creepy dolls to a castle made entirely of coral, this video will show you the side of Mexico that most tourists miss.”) and a solid structure.

Prompt #3: Introduce Pattern Interrupts

The average viewer only watches about 50-60% of your video.

If you want to keep people around, you need to continue to entertain, surprise, and add value.

Pattern interrupts are one way to do this.

They create visual and topical transitions to your video in a way that keeps viewers engaged.

Consider adding pattern interrupts to your script with the following prompt:

Rewrite the above script, but introduce pattern interrupts between each body section.

This makes your script more dynamic with frequent scene changes and transitions.

Here’s an example:

“Pattern Interrupt: [Scene cuts to a group of monkeys playing on the beach] Narrator: ‘Mexico's natural beauty is truly breathtaking, and sometimes, the unexpected finds you. But for our next stop, we'll be venturing into a world of surrealism and mystery...’”

For more dynamism, let ChatGPT suggest where you can jump in with side comments:

Rewrite the above script, but interject with narrator comments

Next, move on to the rest of the script.

Prompt #4: Expand the Body

Now that you’ve got a solid starter script, it’s time to flesh it out.

Keep in mind that—on average—people speak at a pace of about 140 words per minute.

If you want to keep your video to the 6-12 minute YouTube-length sweet spot, keep each body section in your script to around 140 words.

If ChatGPT outputs less than that, use the following prompt:

Expand the below video script to around 140 words, adding surprising and fascinating details and examples.

That’s it for now.

You’ve got a compelling YouTube video script. Read the script out loud to see if it feels natural in your voice. Edit to add your unique perspective and voice wherever needed.

And keep using ChatGPT to tweak, refine, and expand each section—until you’re ready to hit record.

stuart

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been having good results with prompts like this (NB the guidelines it refers to are some brand tone of voice guidelines)

write an email to send to [target audience] about [the product]. The objective of the email is to persuade the reader that [product] is a great choice and solves [the pain point]. Whilst using language that complies with the guidelines, make sure the email is taking an approach that speaks to the readers emotional triggers, doubts, fears and aspirations to help persuade them

All this sort of stuff is getting amazing results with GPT4

Newest Resources

Sponsors

semrush