Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUTORIAL: How to Setup a Campaign From Scratch - Using CPV Lab

END TO END CAMPAIGN SETUP TUTORIAL

This tutorial will show you how to setup a campaign from scratch. You will learn how to configure domains, campaign tracking and more.

CONTENTS:
    1) Purchasing Domains
    2) Hosting
    3) Configuring Name Servers
    4) Addon Domains
    5) Uploading Your Landing Page
    6) CPVLab

Purchasing Domains

It is usually a good idea to buy domains relevant to the niche or the offer you are promoting. For this tutorial we will be using a popular offer named Television Fanatic.

We will get into more details about the offer as we progress but for now let's focus on where you will buy your domains.

STEP 1
    Head over to Namecheap.com to search for available domains. Think of something clever and suitable for your niche. For this example I will use FreeTvPortals.com

STEP 2
    You will also need a 2nd domain for CPVLab tracking. Luckily this isn't as niche dependent as your offer Domain. For this example I will use Takemoneytrack.com

STEP 3
    Add both Domains to your cart and proceed to checkout. It will prompt you to signup during the checkout process. Complete the purchase for these two domains. I would recommend purchasing WHOIS GUARD for all of your domains.
    **Domains that have a .com extension tend to work much better than cheaper extensions. Always purchase 'com' domains when possible.
    ** Your 2nd domain will be reused for multiple future campaigns. You only have to purchase a tracking domain once. You can always use a previously purchased domain for this step as well.

Hosting
    If you already have hosting you can skip to the next section. Otherwise you will need to purchase hosting. For this example I will use HostGator.

STEP 1
    Head over to HostGator.com and click the Hosting tab at the top of the page. You will see their 3 basic packages. Select Business Plan and continue through the checkout.

STEP 2
    Be sure to use the 2nd tab on this page – 'I Already Own This Domain'. Enter your 2ND TRACKING DOMAIN in the domain field. Also make sure your Billing cycle is set to 1 month. Fill out the rest of the form with billing address etc. You might also want to remove any add on services like site backups etc. Proceed to complete your purchase.

STEP 3
    You will receive an email with login information and other details. Keep this information close by as you will use it frequently.

Configuring Name Servers

STEP 1
    Log into your NameCheap account and Select Domain List from the Account Tab.
    https://www.namecheap.com/myaccount/login.aspx?

STEP 2
    Next to your first domain, click Manage.

STEP 3
    Under NameServers, select 'Custom' and enter the two name servers given in the email from HostGator.

Complete this setup for BOTH of your domains. It can take up to 48 hours for the name servers to resolve and your page to become active. In most cases this completes within the hour.
    Add-On Domains

STEP 1
    Login in to your HostGator Control panel.

STEP 2
    Find the Addon Domains icon under the Domains Section

STEP 3
    Enter your landing page domain, create a password and click Add Domain

Uploading your landing page.

At this point you should already have your landing page for your offer. If not, ask your affiliate manager and they should provide you with something. Make sure that your landing page and its files are combined in a zip file. It must be .ZIP as .RAR and TAR.GZ do not work.

STEP 1
    Go back to your control panel and find the File Manager icon under the Files section. You will see a popup window with a list of domains. Select your landing page domain and click Go. Make sure you don't select a sub domain and it is the actual .com you purchased.

STEP 2
    Once inside your file manager, click the upload button at the top of the page.

STEP 3
    Browse to the location of your Landing page Zip package and upload. Once it's complete, click the link on the bottom of the page to go back to your control panel.

STEP 4
    Right click on your uploaded Zip File and click Extract

You're done. In the event that your landing page was in an additional folder when it was zipped, you may have to move all the files from the folder to your root directory where your zip file is located. Be sure that your index.html file is on the root of your domain. If you have additional landing pages and you want to split test, you might want to setup individual directories for each page.

EXAMPLE:

Single Landing Page - yoursite.com

Multiple Landing Pages – yoursite.com/1
    yoursite.com/2
    yoursite.com/3

At this point you have your Landing page Domain setup and working. Now we will focus on your Tracking Domain.

CPVLAB

Your tracking domain was setup during your registration with HostGator. This will be used for CPVLab. You will be able to login and monitor your campaigns performance and optimize as you go.

You can buy a copy of CPVLab from cpvlab.com. It might seem a bit pricey but it is essential to your success as a marketer. Follow the installation instructions given when you purchased your copy. You can also contact HostGator and request them to install CPVLab for you. Submit a support ticket! Be sure to specify that you want it installed on the domain you included during your registration with HostGator.

span style="font-size:22px">STEP 1
    Login to CPVLab.

STEP 2
    Under the Add Campaign menu and select “Direct Link & Landing Page

STEP 3
    On this page we will configure your campaign settings. Fill out the following Highlighted in RED

Campaign Name: The Name of your campaign
    Predefined Source: Select what traffic source you will be using. For this campaign I used Bing.

The fields highlighted in Green will be prepopulated by your Predefined Source selection.

STEP 4
    Fill out the folllowing Highlighted in red

LP NAME: Name your landing Page
    URL: The URL to your landing page
    ID: The number of your campaign. Enter '1'
    SHARE%: Since you only have one landing page, enter 100%

OFFER: Name your Offer
    URL: The Affiliate tracking link for your offer.
    ID: The number of your offer. Enter '1'
    SHARE%: Since you only have one offer, enter 100%
    PAYOUT: Enter the payout for your offer.

STEP 5
    Click Save Campaign

STEP 6
    Now we need to setup CPVlab to work with your landing page. Take note of the data below as we will be using it in the following steps.

STEP 7
    EDIT LANDING PAGES OFFER LINKS

We will need to edit the code of your landing page. Open your Host Control Panel and access file manager as explained in Step 2. Locate your index.php or index.html file, right click andclick Edit.

Locate all your offer links and replace them with the CPVLab link. Change only the portion highlighted in green below.

EXAMPLE:

BEFORE:

<a href="http://fasttraxer.com/?a=15129&c=2691&s1=" target="_top">WATCH TV</a>

AFTER:

<a href="http://takemoneytrack.com/base2.php” target="_top">WATCH TV</a>

Make sure to do this for EVERY link on your page that leads to your offer. Be sure to save your landing page changes.

STEP 8
    ADDING CODE TO LANDING PAGES

Take the code given in CPVLab and place BEFORE the /body tag on your landing page.

Be sure to save your landing page changes.

STEP 9
    ADD PIXEL TO THE AFFILIATE NETWORKS

Copy your Iframe Pixel from CPVlab

STEP 10
    Go to your affiliate network account and place your pixel under the testing and tracking tab. Use the Pixel HTML box. SAVE

STEP 11
    CAMPAIGN URL:

Copy your Campaign URL from CPVLabs.

This is the URL that you want to send ALL traffic through. Any traffic bypassing this URL will NOT trigger the “http://takemoneytrack.com/base2.php” links on your landing page. The result will be that your visitors will not see your offer page.

MAKE SURE YOU USE THIS LINK FOR ALL TRAFFIC.

UPDATED: POSTBACK PIXEL SETUP

In the guide it only shows you how to setup a pixel using the iframe image pixel which in the most part is no good because most offers are setup on an SSL domain which means it will not work.

The best way to setup your Pixel is with a Postback Pixel which we will guide you through in this section of the tutorial.

We will go through each of the most popular tracking systems and show you how to set it up with CPVLabs.

HasOffers - Grab your affiliate URL from the network's hasoffers platform. Make sure to select your offer and select sub ID i usually just enter X into the subid field and click update. This should give you the URL you need to enter it into CPVLabs.

image_1324.gif

Your URL should look something like this http://tracking.clicksoldier.com/aff...1024&aff_sub=x just remove the X at the end and enter that URL into your CPVLabs. cpvlabshasoffers.gif

Grab Your Pixel from CPVLabs in Tracking Pixel: Add Pixel to Offer Source. We will not need the whole code just the website address portion of it. It should look something like http://viralspiralnews.com/bin/adclick.php

Add this pixel to your Hasoffers offer in the Pixel Section. Your will add ?subid={aff_sub} to the end http://viralspiralnews.com/bin/adclick.php and will look like this http://viralspiralnews.com/bin/adclick.php?subid={aff_sub}

image_1326.gif

Once approved by your affiliate manager you now should be tracking conversions in CPVLabs.

Cake Marketing - Grab your affiliate link from your network's cake tracking system. It should look something like this (http://fasttraxer.com/?a=892&c=2176&s1=)
    capture-4.gif

Now place that website URL in your CPVLabs offer as shown below. Remember you must replace s1 with s2 instead. Save your campaign.
    capture-5.gif

Grab Your Pixel from CPVLabs in Tracking Pixel: Add Pixel to Offer Source. We will not need the whole code just the website address portion of it. It should look something like http://viralspiralnews.com/bin/adclick.php

The only modification we will be making to the URL is adding ?subid=#s2# so it would look like http://viralspiralnews.com/bin/adclick.php?subid=#s2# You will place this in the offer card of the offer your promoting in
    Postback URL (Server Pixel): area. capture-7.gif

Linktrust - Grab your affiliate URL from your Networks Linktrust system. It should look something like this http://affiliated-partner.com/click....5587&SID=x

We are left with a link like this http://affiliated-partner.com/click....15587&SID= place this in your Offer URL in your CPVlabs.

The only modification we will be making is adding ?subid=[=SID=] at the end of the URL so it would look something like this http://viralspiralnews.com/bin/adclick.php?subid=[=SID=]

We will go to our offer in linktrust and click add Pixel, select server type and place your postback Pixel with ?subid=[=SID=] as shown in the screen below, click update and save.
    capture-9.gif

Attached Files
    Last edited by Superx; 01-14-2017, 04:41 PM.

hi i was in the START HERE section in the "TUTORIAL: How to Setup a Campaign From Scratch - Using CPV Lab"
    in the "Uploading your landing page" section and I saw this:

"At this point you should already have your landing page for your offer. If not, ask your affiliate manager and they should provide you with something. Make sure that your landing page and its files are combined in a zip file."

Here is my questions.

1) What information do i need to get from my account manager to turn the landing page offer into a zip file?
    2) How can i turn the landing page offer information into a zip file for free?
    3)
    Also the START HERE section on PA website is the only place I should always end up in order to know exactly what to do to make new campaigns correct?

Comment

Here are some answers to your questions...

1) What information do i need to get from my account manager to turn the landing page offer into a zip file?
      2) How can i turn the landing page offer information into a zip file for free?

If you already have the landing page files, put them into a folder. Right click the folder and select 'Send to' and then 'Compressed(zipped) folder'.

example1.png

If you do not already have landing page files, contact your affiliate manager. Sometimes they have pages available for their offers. If they do not have any landing pages, check out the "Templates" section in the members dashboard. There are landing pages to download there.

3) Also the START HERE section on PA website is the only place I should always end up in order to know exactly what to do to make new campaigns correct?

The START HERE section is a good place for new members and those who are new to internet marketing. I strongly suggest that you check out other sections as well. The forum has valuable information in all of it's sections!.

I hope this helps!

Comment

yes it all helped, i appreciate it!

I will be looking into the other sections I've seen on what others have wrote on.

Comment

I am now ready to start searching out niches that are evergreen. Once i find it what other options do i have for starting a campaign apart from starting campaigns using CPVlab or PRosper202 ?

Comment

Well prosper is free...and its great...I used it for the first 5 years of my online affiliate career...as for other option aside from those 2 there is voluum which I see is picking up a lot of steam. The problem I see with most new tracking technologies hitting the marketing is they are trying to bank hard on subscription based pricing which sucks...also they host the data so your stuck in there once you join...which sucks....I say keep it simple and use one of the two above and host it yourself.
            MY STORY >>> How I Quit My Job, Stopped Eating Hashbrowns, dRANK mORE wHISKEY& Changed My Life With Online Business.

Comment

thank you. I have a chromebook and because of that I cannot download prosper properly smh. I am thinking of investing in a new laptop. One that can use prosper without fail. Have any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by dash2bucks View Post
                thank you. I have a chromebook and because of that I cannot download prosper properly smh. I am thinking of investing in a new laptop. One that can use prosper without fail. Have any suggestions?

If you have a good hosting provider they should have all the files to install prosper or cpv lab for you. For example just last night i contacted support at beyond hosting and they installed the newest version of CPV lab without me having to download anything....

Aside from that you could just use a free version of https://voluum.com/ for 30 days i think their trial is...but again you know the risks

Comment

• dash2bucks
                  dash2bucks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thank you. 1 thing before I check if hostgator can install it for me. was it directly to your laptop or it's on the hosting provider site you use ( i hope this isn't a confusing question)

• Superx
                  Superx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had it working on hostgator VPS before but never shared hosting, make sure you have a VPS. If not just buy one from beyond hosting and it will be well worth it. To answer your question if I get what your saying, it's on the hosting provider site you use always.

How do I set up RevContent as a Traffic Source in CPVLabs?

Comment

I think like this but double check with support just incase:

Comment

Hello Team, I'm new here but would like to know whether it is a must to use a Tracker (CPV Lab not working, others like Voluum are not affordable) to promote Vault Media Offers.

Comment

AFTER:

<a href="http://takemoneytrack.com/base2.php” target="_top">WATCH TV</a>
                      I don't understand how this 2nd domain link comes from. I read from the start till I come this part and get confused. Because I am a non-Tech person. Hope to have your response.

Comment

Originally posted by happydeaf View Post

I don't understand how this 2nd domain link comes from. I read from the start till I come this part and get confused. Because I am a non-Tech person. Hope to have your response.
                        Are you using CPV lab?
                        MY STORY >>> How I Quit My Job, Stopped Eating Hashbrowns, dRANK mORE wHISKEY& Changed My Life With Online Business.

Comment

I am not using CPV Lab at this moment. Are you using alternative?

Comment

Dont use CPV labs it is a dying breed...I use thrive, but Bemob is Free.

Comment

Working...
                            X