No announcement yet.

Native Ads Q&A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's a good idea to stay out of the USA and Desktop on Revcontent when first getting started, but would it be ok to try them on MGID?

I would say it is fine to test desktop in Revcontent. It is still based on cost per click so you can bid whatever you want and see if it gets traffic. As for MGID, I find the click costs are similar to Revcontent

I read Revcontent doesn't really like duplicate content. How about MGID? Should I change the picture a bit to make it unique?

I would say none of the ad networks like duplicate content. They all have algorithms that are fairly similar in the fact they want users to spend as much as possible and therefor they reward unique high click through ads. If you duplicate someone else's ads you will suffer because the ads have already been seen 10's thousands of times so people wont be clicking as much. This is why native campaigns require you to basically always refresh your ads every month or so. .

I see MGID is loaded with Gaming and Dating offers. Would these be good niches to promote or would they be saturated on MGID? Should I look for good campaigns in niches that aren't promoted as much on MGID, or does that even matter?

If you see it a lot it means it is working. Don't over complicate it by thinking too deep. Saturation in my opinion is an over used term - there are billions of impressions out there and lots of traffic for everyone.Diet is hammered extremely hard on native and new affiliates still make money from it.

I see the offer League of Angels (which I see is on Vault Media) is doing well on MGID. I see the payout is $2.25Öbut wouldn't that be a bit too low of a payout for Native?

Native clicks with decent results can be as low as 7-10 cents. I did a follow along on games on MGID here > https://powerhouseaffiliate.com/foru...ong-native-ads
    MY STORY >>> How I Quit My Job, Stopped Eating Hashbrowns, dRANK mORE wHISKEY& Changed My Life With Online Business.

Comment

Thanks joeybabbs That helps a lot.

I have some questions about researching Publishers for a whitelist.

Anstrex has a Publisher search where you can see the Publishers for the Campaign and the Publishers for the specific Creative (screenshot). Iím a little confused by this. When I search all the advertisers Creatives (total ads ran) they are promoting different offers (niches). So would the Publisher Campaign Search be for all the niches the advertiser is running or only that specific offer? When building a Whitelist, am I better off going by the Publishers for the specific Creative or for the Campaign?

When searching publishers for a whitelist I know I need to look at duration (at least 14 days I guess) but should I ONLY use publishers that are currently running? What if they ran for awhile but stopped running a month or so ago?

When building a whitelist, should I only start out with 10-20 strong sites, or find as many sites as I can even if they have low volume for the specific Campaign or Creative?

When I search ads by a specific country, sometimes that country only gets a small percentage of the traffic. When creating a whitelist, do I only focus on the campaigns that are using a high percentage of the countries traffic Iím targeting? I guess thereís no way to tell which publisher is better for which country?

To gather more widgets for a whitelist, is it a good strategy to find similar ads (by niche and country) and use their winning placements also?

Sorry if a couple of those questions sound a little obvious. Iím still trying to get my head around this. It seems when I find out an answer to one question two more pop upÖlol. Hopefully this will be a good thread for people starting out with native and MGID.

Comment

Originally posted by bfit11 View Post
        Thanks joeybabbs That helps a lot.

I have some questions about researching Publishers for a whitelist.

Anstrex has a Publisher search where you can see the Publishers for the Campaign and the Publishers for the specific Creative (screenshot). Iím a little confused by this. When I search all the advertisers Creatives (total ads ran) they are promoting different offers (niches). So would the Publisher Campaign Search be for all the niches the advertiser is running or only that specific offer? When building a Whitelist, am I better off going by the Publishers for the specific Creative or for the Campaign?

When searching publishers for a whitelist I know I need to look at duration (at least 14 days I guess) but should I ONLY use publishers that are currently running? What if they ran for awhile but stopped running a month or so ago?

When building a whitelist, should I only start out with 10-20 strong sites, or find as many sites as I can even if they have low volume for the specific Campaign or Creative?

When I search ads by a specific country, sometimes that country only gets a small percentage of the traffic. When creating a whitelist, do I only focus on the campaigns that are using a high percentage of the countries traffic Iím targeting? I guess thereís no way to tell which publisher is better for which country?

To gather more widgets for a whitelist, is it a good strategy to find similar ads (by niche and country) and use their winning placements also?

Sorry if a couple of those questions sound a little obvious. Iím still trying to get my head around this. It seems when I find out an answer to one question two more pop upÖlol. Hopefully this will be a good thread for people starting out with native and MGID.
        Q1: The first question would be best answered by Anstrex. In most networks the publishers would be the sites that are showing the ads or the apps....I think of publishers almost the same as widgets just one level higher.

Q2: If they stopped running there could be many reasons and it is not always because the campaign just stopped being profitable - (budget restraints, the offer paused, quality from that affiliate wasn't good etc.) . If you see ads that ran a long time, and there are offers you can run that are similar it is definitely worth testing.

Q3: First you need to make sure your CPA offer can accept all countries or the countries you target. Each country should be in its own specific campaign on the ad network. I have never had a lot of success mixing a bunch of countries in one campaign. It difficult to manage bids and CTR etc...if you have many countries in one campaign.

Q4: To gather more widgets for a whitelist I run a RON campaign along side and always move the winners over to the WL campaign. Also helps to have a ad rep who can give you all related widgets that are connected to your own WL.
        MY STORY >>> How I Quit My Job, Stopped Eating Hashbrowns, dRANK mORE wHISKEY& Changed My Life With Online Business.

Comment

Working...
        X