Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Native Ads Q&A

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Native Ads Q&A

    Hi. I am moving to a new house this month and with the holidays coming up I wonít get my first campaign up and running until 2nd week in January. But every spare minute I have until then I am studying Native Ads from numerous sources and by doing so Iím sure Iíll have many questions. So maybe if I ask questions as I go this thread will not only help me but someone else starting out in Native.

    I am tempted to go with Revcontent since we can initially set up a whitelist campaign. But right now I plan on starting out with MGID for a couple reasons. I like the idea of having a $50 per day budget when Iím first starting out. Plus, I like the 25% bonus deal we get thru Power House Affiliate. I am depositing $5k so that will give me $1250 ďfreeĒ money to test with. As far as budget goes Iíll have my initial $5k along with another $40k or so in credit to scale with.
    1. I guess my first few questions are, am I better off going with Revcontent and using their Whitelist Campaign option instead of going with MGID?
    2. In the older Native Ads webinar Bill goes thru how to farm out winning widgets. I see now that Spy Tools give us a list of whitelisted widgets. Are we still able to use this widget farming method to find more winning widgets than what the spy tools give us?
    3. One of my tutorials recommend Anstrex for a spy tool. Another one recommends Adplexity. I read good things about Anstrex and they are only $60 per month. Would I be ok going with them instead of Adplexity?
    4. If I go with MGID, are the reps pretty good about giving out blacklists and whitelists?
    Thank you very much!

  • #2
    It's great to see someone take this so seriously.

    Q 1 - Revcontent is a great source and it has to be part of any Native campaigns in terms of scaling or even starting out there. I use them daily. Their whitelists are much easier to manage since you can actively add or delete your own whitelists. On MGID you need an account rep. (I can hook you up if you don;t have one)

    Q 2 - I use Spy tools as it is the easiest way. The method Bill shared is more of a low cost method to find widgets but don't get me wrong it is definitely effective. The spy tools are getting better, IMO.

    Q 3 - I have never used anything but Adplexity...I am assuming either would do fine. I think the most important thing is basically just finding the angles...creativity and being unique with what you find will always win in the end.

    Q 4 - Yes the reps at MGID I work with are great.
    MY STORY >>> How I Quit My Job, Stopped Eating Hashbrowns, dRANK mORE wHISKEY& Changed My Life With Online Business.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks joeybabbs

      I was trying to decide what to use for landing pages and hosting. Since I'm just starting out and won't have a ton of traffic would PowerHouse free hosting be sufficient? I guess I can rip landing pages and Advertorials and download it to my hosting via FTP?

      But since I have the budget for it, would it be better and easier if I go ahead and invest in a Landing Page builder like Clickfunnels or Landerbolt?

      Thank you.





      Comment


      • #4
        Honestly our shared hosting is pretty solid at this point. It will definitely be enough for you to test. If you get big traffic like 500- 1000 loads an hour it might slow a second or so...but definitely not noticeable right now. As for CF or anything else I honestly think it's just an unecessary expense. And yes you can upload anything via ftp and use as many domains as u like.
        MY STORY >>> How I Quit My Job, Stopped Eating Hashbrowns, dRANK mORE wHISKEY& Changed My Life With Online Business.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks joeybabbs

          If I were to go ahead and purchase Cloud or VPS hosting who would you recommend?

          Thank you.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bradgaines View Post
            Thanks joeybabbs

            If I were to go ahead and purchase Cloud or VPS hosting who would you recommend?

            Thank you.
            Liquid web.
            MY STORY >>> How I Quit My Job, Stopped Eating Hashbrowns, dRANK mORE wHISKEY& Changed My Life With Online Business.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank you for the recommendation joeybabbs

              I joined up with Anstrex and went thru their video training on youtube. They showed how to connect an Amazon AWS account to Anstrex so I can directly deploy my ripped landing pages to my S3 bucket for public hosting.

              The drawbacks are 1. No server side scripting possible on AWS S3 Hosting 2. No PHP, ASP, etc. means no Wordpress 3. Only HTML pages with Javascript can be hosted.

              I guess these limitations won't allow me to collect leads but I didn't plan on doing that at first anyway. For now I only plan on ripping landers and editing them.

              I was going to go ahead and set this up but wanted to get your opinion on Amazon AWS for a server?

              Thank you!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bfit11 View Post
                Thank you for the recommendation joeybabbs

                I joined up with Anstrex and went thru their video training on youtube. They showed how to connect an Amazon AWS account to Anstrex so I can directly deploy my ripped landing pages to my S3 bucket for public hosting.

                The drawbacks are 1. No server side scripting possible on AWS S3 Hosting 2. No PHP, ASP, etc. means no Wordpress 3. Only HTML pages with Javascript can be hosted.

                I guess these limitations won't allow me to collect leads but I didn't plan on doing that at first anyway. For now I only plan on ripping landers and editing them.

                I was going to go ahead and set this up but wanted to get your opinion on Amazon AWS for a server?

                Thank you!!
                Hi I am not fully experienced with amazon aside from hosting some videos and images there, as well as using their email services to send. For what you plan on using for it seems like a viable solution.
                MY STORY >>> How I Quit My Job, Stopped Eating Hashbrowns, dRANK mORE wHISKEY& Changed My Life With Online Business.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks joeybabbs That's what I'll do then.

                  As you know, Anstrex allows me to export the widget IDs of the sites that look the best for a given campaign. I know I can't set up a whitelist campaign within MGID, but would it be a good strategy to keep an eye on these widgets in my campaign and give them a little extra chance for profitability? Maybe even give those widgets a higher initial bid? Or possibly even pausing all other widgets right away and only focus on these widgets in the beginning?

                  Thank you!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bfit11 View Post
                    T I know I can't set up a whitelist campaign within MGID, but would it be a good strategy to keep an eye on these widgets in my campaign and give them a little extra chance for profitability? Maybe even give those widgets a higher initial bid? Or possibly even pausing all other widgets right away and only focus on these widgets in the beginning?

                    Thank you!
                    Hi you can set up a whitelist in MGID but only if you have an account manager. You could request one from them. As for pausing all others and only focusing on those widgets it would pretty difficult to do that I think because you wont see all widgets in the dashboard till they start delivering traffic to you. I think the best bet for MGID right now is to work with an account manager until they figure out how to allow us to add whitelists ourselves.
                    MY STORY >>> How I Quit My Job, Stopped Eating Hashbrowns, dRANK mORE wHISKEY& Changed My Life With Online Business.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks joeybabbs I sent a FB message to you about unable to log in due to there being a time gap in between when my monthly payment is due and when my paypal payment goes out.

                      I joined up with MGID using the PH Bonus link. I sent them a message a couple days ago because I wanted to ask a couple questions before depositing $5k (I'm still considering starting with Revcontent). I have yet to hear back from them. I requested a callback from their site early this morning but haven't heard anything. I guess this may be how it is until I deposit funds.

                      If you don't mind I'll ask you the questions I was going to ask them. I read in a forum that once I make a deposit with MGID i'm unable to get back any of the unused money if I decide to change traffic sources. Do you know this to be true with MGID as well as with other native traffic sources?

                      When I deposit $5k will I have any trouble getting in touch with my account rep? And is it pretty standard for MGID account rep to set me up on a whitelist I provide, or is it at their discretion? I just don't want to deposit that much money, not be able to create a whitelist campaign, and have my money stuck there.

                      Thank you very much for your help.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by index843 View Post
                        I sent a FB message to you about unable to log in due to there being a time gap in between when my monthly payment is due and when my paypal payment goes out.
                        Do you have 2 accounts? Cause the username bgfit11 doesnt have an active Premium subscription at all. Also the best way to reach me is in here. I don't generally respond to FB messages due to getting spammed daily.

                        Originally posted by index843 View Post
                        I joined up with MGID using the PH Bonus link. I sent them a message a couple days ago because I wanted to ask a couple questions before depositing $5k (I'm still considering starting with Revcontent). I have yet to hear back from them. I requested a callback from their site early this morning but haven't heard anything. I guess this may be how it is until I deposit funds.

                        If you don't mind I'll ask you the questions I was going to ask them. I read in a forum that once I make a deposit with MGID i'm unable to get back any of the unused money if I decide to change traffic sources. Do you know this to be true with MGID as well as with other native traffic sources?

                        When I deposit $5k will I have any trouble getting in touch with my account rep? And is it pretty standard for MGID account rep to set me up on a whitelist I provide, or is it at their discretion? I just don't want to deposit that much money, not be able to create a whitelist campaign, and have my money stuck there.
                        You can Private message me here in the forum, if you have questions or submit a ticket but to answer these - Yes you will definitely get access to an account manager. If not hit me up and I will get you in contact with mine. As for refunds I am not sure their exact refund policy but it is likely the same on many networks. (no refund) You will definitely be able to create a whitelist campaign.

                        MY STORY >>> How I Quit My Job, Stopped Eating Hashbrowns, dRANK mORE wHISKEY& Changed My Life With Online Business.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks joeybabbs Yea, I don't know why I tried contacting you on FB. I'll do it here next time.

                          I only have one account but I did change my username a few times. Sorry, I didn't think that would matter. My original username is bradgaines. If I need to change it back to the original just let me know. If not I'll leave it as it is.

                          Thank you!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bgfit11 View Post
                            Thanks joeybabbs Yea, I don't know why I tried contacting you on FB. I'll do it here next time.

                            I only have one account but I did change my username a few times. Sorry, I didn't think that would matter. My original username is bradgaines. If I need to change it back to the original just let me know. If not I'll leave it as it is.

                            Thank you!
                            From what I see now you paid on the 8th of Jan and access is granted as of yesterday, until the 8th of feb.
                            MY STORY >>> How I Quit My Job, Stopped Eating Hashbrowns, dRANK mORE wHISKEY& Changed My Life With Online Business.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ok. Sorry about the confusion joeybabbs

                              By the way, the Amazon AWS hosting works really well with Anstrex. Once connected all I have to do is click deploy to instantly download it on their server. I hit a snag trying to connect my Namecheap url to AWS but Iím having a fiverr guy hook it up for me today.

                              Iíve spent most of the morning spying with Anstrex and Iíve come up with a load of questions but Iíll try to condense them a bit.
                              1. I know itís a good idea to stay out of the USA and Desktop on Revcontent when first getting started, but would it be ok to try them on MGID?
                              2. I read Revcontent doesnít really like duplicate content. How about MGID? Should I change the picture a bit to make it unique?
                              3. I see MGID is loaded with Gaming and Dating offers. Would these be good niches to promote or would they be saturated on MGID? Should I look for good campaigns in niches that arenít promoted as much on MGID, or does that even matter?
                              4. I see the offer League of Angels (which I see is on Vault Media) is doing well on MGID. I see the payout is $2.25Öbut wouldnít that be a bit too low of a payout for Native?


                              I have more questions but Iíll save them for next time. I appreciate it very much.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X