Affiliate marketing ebooks are often used to market and sell products. However, the book can’t be all about sales. It has to be educational, entertaining and value-driven.
In this article, we will explore the best ways to create affiliate marketing books that help boost your affiliate marketing sales.
As a bonus, I will also cover a short list of best affiliate marketing books and resources at the end of this article. (Unrelated to this article, but will help you in promoting your affiliate marketing book.)
1. Choose a product niche for your affiliate marketing ebook
First of all, choose an affiliate product niche that you know about. It’s important to write about a topic you are good at. You can always get to know more about a product through research, as long as you have an interest in the topic and would love to learn about it.
Also, ensure that the product you’re choosing has a good market. Your effort will be worth it if the product has a good demand in the market.
2. Find the right affiliate programs
Identify good and reliable affiliate programs that offer the affiliate products you chose.
There are five things to look at while choosing an affiliate program—Program’s brand positioning, product offering, commission rate, cookie duration and payment methods.
There are many reliable affiliate programs out there. Some give great commissions, some have longer cookie durations, while some have such good brand reputation that they make up in volume what they lack in commission rates.
Some good affiliate programs out there are Amazon Associate program (includes Amazon ebook affiliate program), Powerhouse Affiliate Program (our very own), CJAffiliates, ShareASale, etc.
3. Make a sheet of affiliate links
This step is optional, but I always suggest that you make an Excel or Google Sheet of your selected affiliate links. This helps you find all the relevant products links in one place.
It doesn’t have to be an exhaustive list. Choose the products carefully, so that you can plan your affiliate marketing ebook around them.
4. Write a working title of your ebook
Do some research on Amazon Kindle Store and see what books in your niche have good reviews. This will give you an idea about what people like to read about.
Write a few working titles for your ebook. Choose one to start with. This will make the base for creating an outline for the book and writing it. A title works as a broad theme that you keep in mind while writing the book. It can give a book direction.
For example, if my ebook is for selling home products, then I can write a book called ‘Organize Your Home and Save a Year of Your Life’ or ‘A Clean Home to Declutter Your Personal Life’.
You can always change the title of your ebook later, if you feel like it. You can also skip this step and start without a working title. It is recommended, but not compulsory.
5. Read a few popular ebooks in your niche
Read a few popular ebooks in your niche to understand what people like. This will help you write better by understanding what users want to read. It will also give you writing ideas. You can always write on an existing topics from a fresh perspective.
6. Create an outline of your affiliate ebook
To make your writing process more streamlined, it is best to create an outline for it. This will save you time while writing and editing the book. This is how the best writers write their books. They create a wireframe of the book and then start writing.
This will also help you plan where to add your affiliate links and suggestions so that the readers are convinced to purchase those products.
7. Write your ebook or hire a freelancer
This is the most important step of this whole exercise. Write your ebook to genuinely help people on a subject. You can even write your book to entertain the readers. Either way, your book should deliver real value to your audience.
Many people end up writing affiliate marketing ebooks that are too salesy. This can put off readers and get you bad reviews on Kindle and other ebook stores. Promote your affiliate products passively in the book.
Create a story or a theme that readers can relate to. Once they feel connected with you, you are more likely to sell affiliate products to them.
If you are busy or think that writing is not something you are good at, you can even hire a freelancer to write the affiliate marketing ebook for you.
8. Add affiliate links to your ebook
Add affiliate links to your ebook at the right places. Do not add links where the pitch is to salesy. Always be subtle in your promotions. Deliver content value to readers while suggesting an affiliate product.
9. Edit and proofread the ebook
Some people are really particular about spelling and grammar. Edit and proofread your book or take the help of a professional to do so. People can give a book bad reviews just because of some punctuation or grammatical mistakes.
10. Design your ebook and format it
Once you have written your ebook, format it as per the requirements of Amazon Kindle Store or other such ebook stores. Format your book neatly. Use readable fonts and heading styles. Convert your ebook to PDF and other acceptable formats.
11. Publish your ebook for affiliate products (and pricing)
Once your book is ready, publish it on Amazon Kindle Store and other such places. You can give your ebook for Free to begin with, till it gathers some good reviews. Later, you can increase the price, as you like.
People tend to download Free ebooks a lot. So, starting with an affiliate marketing free ebook is always a good idea. Some books do well even if they are paid, but to get to that point, it’s good to gather some good reviews.
12. Promote your ebook
Once you have created and published your ebook, promote it through various modes. You can create a website for affiliate marketing ebooks.
Search engine optimizing your website will help you get traffic through search engines. You can even promote your ebook through paid Ads on search engines and social media. Organic social media promotions can also help.
Best Affiliate Marketing Books and Resources
Also, as I promised, here’s a list of some of the best books on affiliate marketing. There are also various free affiliate marketing courses to help you learn how to promote a website.
- Ebook (Paid): Affiliate Marketing: The Beginner’s Step by Step Guide to Making Money Online With Affiliate Marketing by Kevin Ulaner
- Ebook (Paid): Passive Income: Ideas – 35 Best, Proven Business Ideas for Building Financial Freedom in the New Economy – Includes Affiliate Marketing, Blogging, Dropshipping and Much More! by Chandler Wright
- Ebook (Paid): Affiliate Marketing: How to make money and create an income by A Anderson
- Ebook (Free): The Beginner’s Affiliate Marketing Blueprint: How to Get Started For Free And Earn Your First $10,000 In Commissions Fast! (Make Money Online With Affiliate Marketing in 2019 Beginners Edition) by Alex Marketing
- Online course (Free): Powerhouse Affiliate Marketing Course by Joey Babineau
All the best with your ebook affiliate marketing project and feel free to leave a comment below if you have any queries.
Stay tuned for tips and tricks on affiliate marketing.
- How to Make Thousands a Month Using YouTube To Sell Affiliate Products May 4, 2020
- How to Not Get Banned on Facebook – With Clickbank and CPA Offers May 3, 2020
- Top 3 Paid Traffic Sources Every Affiliate Marketer Should Test April 8, 2020
- Secret to High Converting Affiliate Blogs – Solution Oriented Content April 4, 2020
- How Do I Start Affiliate Marketing? Powerhouse Affiliate Premium April 2, 2020