The average American uses 3-5 devices daily to access the internet. With that in mind, how do you schedule your campaign to find the best time to reach your audience?
Timing plays a big role in the success of a campaign. Offers should not come in too early or too late with respect to time and day. Pushing offers on an optimized schedule has proven to increase open or click-through rates. At the same time, this has helped marketers figure out what offers to send thru at certain times or days of the week.
Companies have spent their resources testing what works best for marketers. We will sum it all up for you in this article.
Armed with a great headline and content, all you have to do now is to set time and day. The rise of mobile has changed the game for affiliate email marketing. A study by Litmus shows that there has been an increase of 500% in emails opened on smartphones and tablets.
BEST TIME ACCORDING TO CONTENT
- Newsletters – 8 – 9 AM. Early morning is the best time for your audience to absorb content. During these hours, the majority of your audience is killing time while taking their coffee or are on their way to work.
- Purchase Offers – 10 – 12 PM. Last minute offers convert best on this hour as buyers are lounging in their bed. Most offers convert on mobile or tablet.
BEST DAY TO EMAIL
- Wednesdays & Thursdays – Best converting emails are sent mid-week. Mondays is the heaviest day of the week as your audience is bombarded with emails when they open their inbox and would prioritize important matters over offers.
- Saturday – Don’t shut your door on weekend offers. This is where your audience has the most time to browse their inbox. Emails sent on this day have a view rate of 32.5%. 
Although video marketing is a new strategy, it has proven to have its share in increasing conversions. 50% of shoppers have made it a habit to search for product videos before deciding on a purchase.  YouTube has 1 billion users with an average of 5 hours per month total view time per user. Half of its advertisers are SMEs and 72% of B2B marketers use the platform to distribute content. 
BEST TIME TO POST YOUTUBE VIDEOS
- Most hits – 2PM – 6PM. Traffic is at its peak during these hours.
- Uploading – 12- 1 PM. It takes about an hour to upload your video on Youtube and it will be uploaded just in time when traffic starts pouring in.
BEST DAY IN YOUTUBE
- Views – Weekdays.
- Uploading – Wednesday & Thursday.
If you are just starting with video marketing, Youtube is a great platform given the number of audiences who access it daily.
Social Media Marketing
Social Media is the trickiest as it encompasses a lot of sources – Facebook Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. It is the outlet for consumers to directly get in touch with brands as well as to receive the latest updates. Social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing.  Facebook is still the best B2C platform for promotion.
BEST TIME TO POST
- Clicks – 12PM – 3PM. Majority of the platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) get the highest CTRs for posts within this time span.
- Engagement – 1PM, 5PM & 8PM. Off work hours gets the most shares, comments and retweets on majority of the platforms.
BEST DAY FOR POSTS
- Interaction – Weekdays. Most of the platforms receive high traffic as members are actively using social media on these days.
Take into consideration where your audience is connected too; this way you may adapt to the best timing for them. If your audience is business people, they are most likely active in the morning on weekdays. If they are moms, it would be weekdays in the afternoon.
 2012 Online Purchasing, eMarketer, Web
It’s important to know when to reach your audience. You might have a killer marketing campaign, but if you’re trying to reach an audience that isn’t online during that time, you’re wasting your time and money.
Do you use a different strategy to reach your audience? Share it with the rest of us! Leave a comment below, and if you found this article helpful, consider sharing it with your followers.