Push notifications are semi-new to the advertising world. Delivering at lightning speed, a push notification is a traffic source that allows your business to reach clients and potential customers directly. I don’t know if you can relate, but an enticing push notification is quick to capture me. Whether it’s a limited time deal, or a simple shared update, I find push notifications to be extremely useful.
Not only are push notifications an instant update, but they’re oftentimes extremely useful! In the matter of seconds, I’ve received information from the push that I didn’t know a moment before. As a marketer, it’s important to become well versed in the importance of a push notification and how to create one.
Why is a Push Notification So Important?
Push notifications are short messages delivered to user desktop browsers or mobile devices. They’re something we opt into, and they relay a message. The purpose is to add value and to keep subscribers interested. How creative and useful the push notification is, is what will determine how your subscribers feel about them.
For instance, you should have received a push notification for this post if you’re opted into Powerhouse Affiliate. Was the copy enticing? Did the short character limited copy urge you to click? What was it about the push that drew you in? When creating a powerful push, these are questions that you, as both a consumer and marketer, need to consider.
When a user clicks on a push notification, they’ll be redirected to the website or app that sent the message. Therefore, push notifications are quite the convenient marketing strategy!
Why You Should Use Push Notifications
- Push notifications increase user engagement and retention. As a call-to-action, not only do pushes help with conversions, but they are a great tool to boost engagement and retention.
- Pushes are a CTA (call-to-action). They can be used to prompt an immediate response from the subscriber. They can help encourage users to engage with your product or offer, thereby increasing conversion rates and driving monetization.
- Users are free to opt-in or out from receiving pushes. Giving the user control over the notifications they receive will make it less likely that they delete your app or never visit your website again. Because they’ve chosen to opt-in, they find genuine interest in your site. Pushes a win-win: you’re using them as a marketing tool, and those who are viewing them have chosen to do so.
- Push notifications are easily customizable. You can send the notification based on the user’s location, using their first name, etc. Push notifications allow for a flexible marketing strategy that can provide a sense of personal touch that all consumers love.
Push Notification Platforms
With a plethora of push notification services, below is a condensed list of platforms to help guide you in choosing one that works for you.
- Propeller Ads
- VWO Engage
To summarize, push notifications create opportunities for increasing engagement, retention, and monetization. These messages can become a great asset to create value and keep your users interested in a creative, non-invasive way.
- Creating A Successful Native Advertising Strategy January 29, 2021
- Most Detailed Guide on How to Work with Push Traffic in 2021 January 25, 2021
- 4 Keyword Research Hacks for Affiliate Marketing Articles January 25, 2021
- Google Lead Gen VS Facebook Lead Gen: Which One is Better! January 25, 2021
- 4 Steps to Reduce Shopping Cart Abandonment January 24, 2021