You’ve got a shiny new blog and now all it needs is traffic to make it complete… but how do you get traffic over to your blog?
This is what we’re going to cover in this handy little guide so that you can be on your way to showing off those excellent articles and whatever else you’d like to share with the community. Below this paragraph you’re going to discover five handy ways that you can funnel free traffic to website.
1. Leave helpful comments on popular blogs in your industry
An old technique of getting free traffic to website is the simple act of leaving helpful and relevant comments on other blogs related to your own which are already getting a lot of traffic and perhaps even getting a fair bit of comments on each post of their own. Though it’s true that this particular method is time consuming and labor intensive, it’s not something that you have to do all at one shot. Space it out, spend just an hour a few days a week to hunt down new blogs you can leave your comment on, and be sure to include a link back to your own site either in the profile information or within the comment itself if you think you can get away with it. You MUST be slick with this one though, you have to add extra value to the article you’re writing a comment on otherwise your comment may not even show up. Keep in mind that not all of your comments will make it onto the site, they tend to get filtered out by moderators. This is why your comment must be valuable to the readers, it gives those moderators incentive to allow your comment through.
2. Sharing your content via social media with hashtags
Sharing just about anything you want within reason is what these social platforms are meant for, so why not take full advantage of it? It’s important to keep a few things in mind when using this method to pull traffic back to your own websites.
- Do your research and use the right social media site for the right niche/market.
- Look for big pages & accounts for ideas on which hashtags you should use.
- In the beginning feel free to spread your content across all platforms then zero-in on the best performers and ditch the rest, this goes back to picking the right platform.
- Try to make your posts short, snappy and as helpful as possible, keeping them entertaining to read never hurts.
3. Submit your own blog posts to Reddit
BE VERY CAREFUL TO NOT POST SPAM OR JUNK TO REDDIT!! …you will regret, I promise. Now that the warning is out of the way, Reddit can be an extremely potent drive traffic to website free if you share helpful or extremely entertaining or interesting things within the proper “sub-reddits” of the Reddit website. There are different schools of thought on how to go about this but if you have just written an honest article and just want some traffic to it you can post on Reddit with something as simple as asking for opinions on your new article. Say you’re open for ideas and opinions on making it better and you highly respect the reddit community so would love honest feedback if anyone wishes to give it a look. Don’t bother trying to be sneaky, Reddit has a way of sniffing out spammers and they can be a rowdy bunch once they sniff you out!
4. Get accepted into Alltop
Alltop is a rather popular aggregator of website content for a large variety of topics. You’ll find that a bunch of websites and bloggers will use this site’s service to look for content to share with their readership. Media outlets often times come to alltop to look for newsworthy content to share as well.
It’s a simple process to sign up for free and submit your own articles. There is an approval process but if you’re producing content of fairly decent quality then you should have no problems being accepted here, and they’re usually pretty quick to notify you if your blog has been accepted by them. To use this website you will need to be sure that your blog has fairly decent quality and original content.
5. Post content on a regular basis
Keeping your blog updated on a regular basis is a great idea for a number of reasons such as:
- It gives your readers incentive to keep coming back
- It lets search engines know that your blog is active and updated frequently
- You have a new opportunity to hit even more keywords with each new post
- Keeping up to date with industry changes in blog posts keeps things relevant
- The list really goes on but you get the idea…
Some other things you may consider to help your blogs do better once traffic starts to come through are:
- Interlink blog posts and pages to other posts and other pages that make sense
- Always aim to use super compelling or insightful titles and descriptions
- Consider guest blogging, either blog as a guest or have guests blog for you
- Consider creating a Facebook group and run cheap ppc ads to build it up then start posting your blog’s content with backlinks to the source material on a regular basis!
These are only a handful of tips anyone can start using today in an effort to push more traffic to blogs. They do an even better job of working as the first few sources & methods of drawing your first batch of visitors if you’ve never had traffic to your blogs before.
Powerhouse Affiliate covers a nice variety of options anyone can learn and use to generate traffic not only to blogs but anything at all of your choosing. It’s well worth the few minutes you’ll spend giving us a quick look so if you’d like to do that now then head over to this link here…
See what we can help you with, you’ll be pleasantly surprised what’s covered in our exclusive training modules!
- How to Make Thousands a Month Using YouTube To Sell Affiliate Products May 4, 2020
- How to Not Get Banned on Facebook – With Clickbank and CPA Offers May 3, 2020
- Top 3 Paid Traffic Sources Every Affiliate Marketer Should Test April 8, 2020
- Secret to High Converting Affiliate Blogs – Solution Oriented Content April 4, 2020
- How Do I Start Affiliate Marketing? Powerhouse Affiliate Premium April 2, 2020